17.1.09

bgdo

I have just had what my sister calls a Brown Girls’ Day Out: she, my cousin and I have been trekking around the DC greater metropolitan area in search of shoes for the wedding, my bridesmaid dress, the mysteries of the Target tights section, and what I can only refer to as the Great IKEA Massacre of 2009. I can’t really talk about it, because I still don’t know quite what happened, but suddenly I found myself making for the checkout lines with a big yellow bag stuffed with $75 worth of repeating homewares.

I have no idea how I am going to get this back to Boston (not least because I still don’t know how I’m getting back, period – please note how efficient I am with the application of my fiscal priorities!), but my heart lifted a little bit at the idea that one could purchase, if not happiness, at least a little organization in a chaotic and lawless world.

No comments: