20.1.09

spare change?

So – I’m a little lonely. I wasn’t going to write about this, because who needs to know from my loneliness? It’s not Obama’s fault, after all, or even the fault of DC. It didn’t feel like something that was pertinent to other people’s understanding of this inaugural, and that it was something to maybe hide. But: I feel a little sequestered here in Virginia, away from the action, staying in for two long days and nights.

My sister and I are squabbling slightly, and my view seems narrow, small. I don’t feel connected at the moment. Tomorrow will overwhelm, but I need that breath of freshness, openness, release. I still have no clue how I’m getting home but I caved and posted an ad on Craigslist, so we’re getting closer. I have no clue what tomorrow will bring. Change, in some form or another. I’ll breathe in and breathe out, and the world will be a little different. It’s a welcome metamorphosis tonight.

No comments: